Howard Tech Council Names 2014 Award Winners
May 06, 2014
The Howard Tech Council is proud to announce the winners of the 2014 Howard Tech Awards. Each of the awardees was nominated for recognition in one of six categories, and will be featured during this year’s awards ceremony at the Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab Kossiakoff Center Wednesday, May, 28 5:00 p.m.-8:30 p.m.
The Howard Tech Awards program began in 2008, and is designed to recognize technology companies that are fueling innovation in Howard County. Nearly 300 local businesses are actively engaged members of the HTC.
“Every year we ask our members to help us identify the most innovative technology companies in Howard County and the region, and once again this year they presented us with a stellar group of nominees,” said HTC Executive Director Patrick Wynn. “We are truly proud of all of the nominees and winners, and look forward to celebrating these dynamic companies at our ceremony later this month.”
This year’s winners are:
- Light Point Security - HTC Emerging Tech Company of the Year
- Triea Systems - HTC Sustainable Tech Company of the Year
- Vheda Health - co-winner HTC Healthcare Tech Company of the Year
- Vasoptic Medical - co-winner HTC Healthcare Tech Company of the Year
- Advancing Synergy - HTC ACTiVATE Women in Tech Company of the year
- Quark Security - HTC Cybersecurity Company of the Year
- AirPatrol Corporation - HTC Superstar Company of the Year
The theme of this year’s awards program is “Disruption in Progress” and will celebrate companies that are changing their respective industries through disruptive innovative technologies. For ticket information on the 2014 HTC Howard Tech Awards, logon to www.howardtechcouncil.org